Monday, January 18, 2010

Goldmining reminiscences

Do you have a gold miner in your family history? Daniel is researching global gold rushes and is looking for accounts in the form of letters, diaries and memoirs ; -

"I am researching the global gold rushes as part of my doctoral dissertation at the University of Otago in New Zealand. I am currently collecting contemporary accounts and reminiscences from goldminers from Australia and New Zealand, and I am inquiring if there are any family historians who have any letters, diaries, and/or memoirs of their ancestors on the goldfields, which they would be willing to let me read. I am also interested in any contemporary accounts of the goldfields from other non-goldmining settlers. I can be reached at danjdavy@hotmail.com. Many thanks in advance for your help."

No comments: